Tangy, tart, zesty, sweet - the adjectives used to describe citrus fruits are not shy! Each variety of citrus presents with a bold color, bright flavors, and hyper-nutritional power!
IN OUR LATEST NEWSLETTER ISSUE, we’re enjoying citrus fruits in a fresh Guacamole! For more recipes, make sure to signup for our kitchen store newsletter and we'll be in touch with more tips, recipes, and cooking class info!
Here are some of our top kitchen tool choices for using with citrus:
Citrus Guacamole Recipe
makes about 4 cups
We’re no stranger to the pleasantries of rich, creamy avocados, but the surprising addition of grapefruit and oranges in this Citrus Guacamole offers uniquely refreshing notes that make us question ever leaving these citrus hard-hitters out of another batch. Use it as a topping, a dip, or simply enjoy it by the spoonful — whatever your method, there’s no wrong way to enjoy this vibrant take on a classic avocado favorite.
1 grapefruit, supremed
2 oranges, supremed
2 limes, juiced
1/2 cup red onion, 1/4-inch dice
1 jalapeño, seeded, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
4 ripe avocados
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
1. Supreme the citrus fruits by removing the outer peel and white rind. Remove the sections from the pith, and cut into half-inch pieces. Juice the lime.
2. Dice the onion and jalapeño. Crush the garlic and mince the cilantro.
3. Combine the citrus pieces, citrus juices, onion, jalapeño, garlic, and cilantro.
4. Halve the avocados, remove the pits, and scoop out the inner flesh. Coarsely mash the avocados.
5. Fold the citrus mixture into the mashed avocados. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.
Nashville Cooking Classes
Want more recipes? Join us at our kitchen store as we explore cuisines, and techniques with some of the Nashville's wonderful chefs. We'll be announcing all the details in an upcoming newsletter – stay tuned! Learning has never been so delicious! Signup for our newsletter »